Melodic Rock Guitar solo (with guitar tabs) for the original jam track (‘Modern Country Rock Jam Track’) I posted before. The main elements for this guitar solo are melodic licks, double stops, and modern adaptations of country licks. Enjoy!
About the solo
The intro sets the tone for an uplifting, modern country rock pop groove. After a tasty country guitar lick, the verse starts with the same chords as the intro. In this first part of the melodic rock guitar solo, I focus on chord tones, embellished with slides pull-offs and hammer-ons. I play in the bridge position of my new Fender Vintera 60s Modified LPB. I was quite surprised to learn that this tele bridge pickup is ‘hot’ enough to produce this type of guitar lead tones.
After the melodic turnaround (bar 26-29), the guitar solo continues with a motif of double stops. The energy continues to build, and in bar 38, I play a melodic pattern with a pedaling open E-string. The inspiration for this part comes from songs like ‘The Chain’ (Fleetwood Mac) or ‘Oh Darkness’ (Admiral Freebee). What follows is the guitar solo’s highest point of energy (bars 41-44), with a few blazing blues licks and a pinch of shredding. Bar 46 is the bridge of this song, but you could look a this as a post-chorus. The guitar solo emphasizes melody and double stops again. Some of the melodic patterns return and – after pickup in bar 53 – the melodic pop rock guitar solo lowers its register.
The solo ends with a modern country lick in G. This lick is mostly G ionian with a cool legato pattern (bar 60 – see colored box), some hints of the G minor blues scale (bar 61) and chromatic ending.
- Fender Telecaster Vintera 60s Modified LPB (solo + rhythm parts)
- Yamaha Pacifica P90 (slide guitar parts in the background)
- Martin HD-16R Acoustic (acoustic guitar parts)
- All guitars played by Maarten
- Overdrive used: Crazy Tube Circuits: Black Magic MKII
- Amp: Fractal AX8 Carr Rambler Preset
- Delays: H910 H949 algorithm from the Eventide H9
- Bass: Spectrasonics Trilian Drums (programmed by Maarten)
- Steven Slate 5.5 (programmed by Maarten)
- Recorded with Logic Pro X, mixed with Steven Slate & Izotope plugins.